SM-165 Finger Pulse Oximeter Review #SM165FingerPulseOximeter


I recently received the SM-165 Finger Pulse Oximeter for free in return for my unbiased review of the product. Being a pediatric nurse, I'm fairly familiar with different types of pulse oximeters. In a pediatric office, we go through several pulse oximeters on our patients- from flu, asthma, RSV to croup. On the smallest patients, trying to get an accurate reading can be very difficult--especially with oximeters that take forever to get the reading. I was excited to try this oximeter because not only would it come in handy at work, I also have a  need for one at home. Being the mom of a premie baby with a history of BPD (bronchopulmonary dysplasia), having an accurate oximeter on hand for the times that he develops colds an wheezing is reassuring. I feel more comfortable being able to check his oxygen level at home. When I received this product, I liked the fact that it came with a nice carrying case so it's easy to keep stored. I tried it on myself first- it's a nice, comfortable fit on my finger. It took no time to read my oxygen level and heart rate. I then tried it on my nine, three and one year olds. It fit on all of their fingers and didn't take long to give me accurate reads. I did struggle a little with my one year old- but that's expected. He has small fingers and is a very busy little boy. I plan on using this both at work and at home. I like that it's small enough to carry in your pocket or if you're working, it comes with a string to hang around your neck. The SM-165 is FDA approved. It has a bright LED and multidirectional display. It's light and compact, has a long battery life-using 2 AAA batteries and it has a one year warranty.  Available on Amazon @http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R59OTOC

Comments

Popular Posts